When the high temperatures are inexorably felt there is always a desire for ice cream! So why not make this fresh delicacy at home? Homemade ice cream does not require special culinary skills, moreover it is genuine, healthy since it does not contain additives or even preservatives.
Today we will offer you the recipe for cream ice-cream; its preparation does not require the use of an ice cream maker ... only a few ingredients: milk, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. The cream ice-cream it is the ideal dessert to end any summer lunch or dinner. It also lends itself to accompanying a fruit cake, it can be the basis of a chocolate affogato, a fruit salad ... in short, in any way you taste it it will be a delight for the palate! Let's see in detail the homemade ice cream following our recipe step by step.
Homemade cream ice cream, the ingredients for 4 servings
- 200 ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 200 ml of fresh cream
- 80 grams of granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks of organic origin
- 1 vanilla bean
- Freezer container
Homemade ice cream, the preparation
- Pour the milk, cream and sugar into a steel pan and mix everything over low heat until the mixture is homogeneous: make sure the sugar has dissolved well
- At this point, add the vanilla bean without the internal seeds: to remove them, just make an incision on the side.
- With the help of a thermometer for sweets, measure the temperature: this must not exceed 85 ° C, otherwise when you add the egg yolks, they will coagulate
- After checking the temperature, add the egg yolks and mix well with a whisk
- Cook in a bain-marie for 5 minutes then remove the mixture from the heat
- Transfer the cream to a bowl and wait for it to cool: to lower the temperature faster, place the bowl in a larger container filled with ice and stir continuously
- If you have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into the appliance and follow the recommended program; if you do not have one, put the mixture in an ad hoc container to be able to place it in the freezer: it must remain at least three hours
- Remove from the freezer, stir the mixture again and return to the freezer for another three hours
- At this point the cream ice cream will be ready to be enjoyed.
If you prefer a creamier texture than the cream ice-cream, just blend the ice cream for a few seconds and then place it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
Another fresh delicacy is the lemon sorbet; for the preparation at home we refer you to reading the guide "How to make lemon sorbet"
You might also be interested in
Homemade ice cream with or without ice cream maker