Christmas cookies: the recipe and step-by-step instructions for making traditional Christmas cookies with spices: nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and orange scent.
TheChristmassmells of cinnamon, orange, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and orange peel. These ingredients are ideal for preparing biscuits to be served at the table at the end of a meal, or to be enjoyed as an afternoon snack, also suitable for children. Being theChristmas cookiesspicy, they are perfect to serve accompanied with a hot chocolate or steaming tea.
Spice Christmas cookies
On the occasion of the Christmas holidays, in addition to the traditional panettone and pandoro, you can serve at the table ofhomemade cookiesflavored with spices such as ginger, oranges and nutmeg. A version "for adults "it can be prepared by adding half a glass of limoncello.
Christmas cookies with spices: the ingredients for four people
- 500 grams of flour
- 100 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of butter
- an organic egg
- a tablespoon of wildflower honey, preferably organic
The mixture of spices that we recommend includes:
- a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- a teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon oftasty, that is, a mixture of spices that includes seeds of coriander, caraway seeds, star anise and other aromas.
Optional ingredients: powdered sugar and cold water to decorate.
To decorate the Christmas cookies you can make a glaze by combining icing sugar and cold water. Add the cold water in small doses until it reaches a soft and spreadable consistency. The icing will be used to create decorations on Christmas cookies: using a cake syringe with a very thin tip it will be possible to customize each cookie with afirst name, a sentence or simply the words "Christmas 2016 ″.
Christmas cookies with spices, the preparation
- First, mix the spices.
- Mix and mix the other ingredients together: combine all the ingredients coarsely, excluding cold water and icing sugar used to prepare the icing.
- When the dough begins to blend, add the spices.
- Continue to knead until it forms a sphere.
- Place the dough in cling film and let it rest for about half an hour in the refrigerator.
- With a rolling pin, roll down a sheet of dough about half a centimeter thick.
- Using Christmas molds, cut out the cookies into the shapes you like best.
- Transfer the biscuits to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook iChristmas cookiesat a temperature of 180 ° C in a non-ventilated oven. Remove them from the oven when they are golden brown.
How to decorate spice Christmas cookies
THEChristmas cookiesthey can be served plain or with a sprinkling of icing sugar. The most creative can decorate Christmas cookies with icing obtained by mixing water with icing sugar. For decorations you can spread the icing with a pastry pocket with a notched spout or a thin tip to write names, greetings or to draw eyes, face and dress in the classic stylelittle manin stylegingerbread.
To decorate the Christmas cookies and get the famous gingerbread man, poinsettias and other symbols, you can buy some cookie cutter sets. The Tescoma set of cookie cutters for Christmas decorations consists of 12 pieces and can be bought on Amazon with 15.90 euros with free shipping.
The set contains 12 plastic cookie cutters, stainless steel hooks (50 pieces) and 2 clips for neatly storing the cookie cutters; the clip is also used to create the holes on the various cookies and use them to pack perfect DIY Christmas gifts, even last minute considering the ease of making the Christmas cookie recipe. The instructions for use and the recipe book are included inside the package. The plastic parts are dishwasher safe and the entire set is covered by a three-year warranty.
Other cookie recipes for Christmas:Christmas cupcakes.
You might also be interested inMace: properties and benefits