We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Potatoes lend themselves to many uses in the kitchen; we can fry them, grill them, boil them, cook them in the oven ... ... in short, they have great versatility. With potatoes we can also make delicious croquettes to serve for an aperitif, as an appetizer, as a main course or for a buffet. In this regard, here how to make potato croquettes, following our recipe step by step.
How to make potato croquettes, what we need for about 24 pieces
800 grams of Potatoes
100 grams of cooked ham
150 grams of stringy mozzarella
50 grams of grated cheese
100 grams of breadcrumbs
Pepper, salt to taste
Grated nutmeg to taste
How to make potato croquettes, the preparation
- Boil the salted water in a large pot
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and wash them thoroughly under running water
- As soon as the water boils, add the potatoes and cook for about 7/8 minutes
- After this time, drain the potatoes and mash them in the potato masher
- Pour the mashed potatoes into a bowl and wait a few minutes
- Meanwhile, cut the mozzarella and cooked ham into cubes
- As soon as the potatoes have cooled, add eggs, grated Parmesan, salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Mix all the ingredients with your hands until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Then add the cheese and ham previously cut into cubes and mix again to mix everything.
- Take a knob of dough and give it a more or less spherical shape with your hands, continuing until the end of the mixture.
- Pass them gradually in the breadcrumbs then put them to rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours
- After the time has elapsed, take a pan with high sides and fry the croquettes in boiling and deep oil
- Remove the croquettes with a slotted spoon and dry on absorbent paper
- Serve the potato croquettes hot
Useful information: if the dough is excessively dry, you risk that it will not mix well with the breadcrumbs. In this case you will need to add a drop of milk to the potato mixture.