We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Have you ever felt bad musty smell on your clothes? Here, most likely they are infested with spores of one mold!Before resorting to drastic methods such as throwing clothes in the garbage, you can first try some methods that we will show you below. Let's see in detail how to eliminate the smell of mold on clothes following our directions.
Mold on clothes, natural remedies
Soak the clothes overnight in one of the following solutions and then rinse with cold water:
- 500 ml of ammonia in about 5 liters of hot water
- 500 ml of white vinegar in about 5 liters of hot water
- 500 grams of sodium bicarbonate in about 5 liters of hot water
Mold on clothes, alternative remedies
If the aforementioned remedies do not prove useful you can resort to borax, a product that you find in the pharmacy.
For application, simply add 3 tablespoons of product to the normal detergent. Once this is done, perform a second rinse, adding half a cup of white vinegar and finally let it dry in the sun, if possible.
Alternatively, you can use the following method:
- boil a pot full of water
- immerse the item to be treated inside
- leave it for a couple of minutes then rinse immediately with cold water a couple of times.
WARNING: avoid this remedy on delicate garments and also be very careful not to burn yourself.
Mold on clothes, useful information
- Periodically check the door seal of your washing machine; it often happens that some residual water remains which then tends to mold: this would contribute to the appearance of the bad smell of mold. To do this, take action by removing mold stains from the gasket with bleach or by replacing the gasket.
- Leave the door open so that the gasket dries, preventing mold from taking root.
- Before washing in the washing machine, make sure that there are no musty smelling items as the bad smell could compromise the outcome of the entire wash.