We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The wood it is a very present material in the home, furniture, floors and fixtures are an example. Wood enjoys a natural beauty but is very vulnerable: it can be attacked by parasites, mold, humidity. To protect the wooden surfaces, it is advisable to periodically carry out careful maintenance. In this regard, here is a guide to wood care, with all the necessary information.
Wood care, directions
- Cleaning: prepare a mixture made of water and Marseille soap to be wiped with a soft cloth and then dried with another cloth
- Protection: apply specific oil for wood evenly with a cloth and dry the surface with a clean and dry cloth.
- Polishing: spread wax paste on the surface to be treated. After 10 minutes, the time it takes to dry the wax for minutes, remove the excess parts by rubbing with a cloth. This is recommended for surfaces that have become too dry or have been damaged.
- In case of swelling of the wood caused by humidity: after cleaning, planing with sandpaper with great care
Wood care, impregnating paints
To protect the wood we can use impregnating paints: they create a protective barrier on the wood to prevent atmospheric agents from damaging it. They are transparent paints that have a waterproofing action on surfaces. On the market you will also find colored impregnating paints. The paint can be applied in three ways: with a brush, by spray or by immersion.
For the application:
- Before applying the paint, remove all traces of dust and dirt
- Check for the presence of molds: in this case proceed with elimination
- Sand the surface with sandpaper and remove the paint with a suitable product
- Apply at least two coats of paint and possibly a third. At least twenty-four hours must pass between the first two and about four weeks between the second and third.
ATTENTION: to ensure the success of the operation, it is essential that the moisture content of the wood is between twenty and twenty-five percent. Therefore, before painting, measure the humidity using a special tester. In case of higher temperature, the wooden object should be placed in a dry place for about fifteen days before treatment
Another related article of ours that might interest you is: How to polish wood
How to clean and polish wood in a natural way
To clean and polish wood in a natural way, we refer you to the articlehow to clean wood.