The spinach they lend themselves very easily to many preparations in the kitchen; the recipe we want to offer you today is the spinach omelette, an ideal dish for day trips and picnics. The spinach they are a very healthy vegetable; they contain vitamin C, carotenoids, folic acid, chlorophyll and lutein. The spinach omelette does not require particular culinary skills, let's see in detail how to make spinach omelette, following our recipe step by step.
How to make spinach omelette, what we need
- 5 eggs
- 250 grams of cooked spinach (4/5 bunches)
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan
- 150 grams of cottage cheese
- 5 tablespoons of bechamel
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- A handful of pine nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make spinach omelette, how to prepare
- After cleaning the spinach thoroughly, take only the most tender leaves and wash them in plenty of water several times
- Drain the spinach and put them to cook for about 15 minutes in a large non-stick pan with a lid over low heat, adding a drop of water and a drizzle of oil.
- After this time, remove the spinach from the pan and let it cool
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and gradually add the Parmesan, ricotta, flour, bechamel, chopped pine nuts, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are combined
- Also add the spinach to the mixture and mix again
- Heat a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and add the freshly prepared mixture
- Let it cook spinach omelette for about 5/6 minutes then turn with the help of a lid and cook for another 2 minutes
- Before turning off, make sure the omelette is cooked well then raise it with a spatula
- When cooked, remove the spinach omelette and place it on absorbent paper
Useful information: in the absence of fresh spinach you can use frozen ones, just defrost them first. You can also cook the spinach omelette in the oven.