In this guide we will show you how to build a fence in a very simple way by following our instructions. Fences can be made with reeds, poles, beams and boards. In this regard, let's see in detail how to proceed.
How to build a small enclosure, the necessary
- Rods and poles
Useful indications: use wooden poles that resist well to atmospheric agents, such as chestnut or black locust. The tip of these poles will need to be properly treated.
How to treat poles to increase their durability
Smear the lower ends of the posts with tar or impregnate them with a 10% solution of copper sulphate dissolved in water. To carry out this last treatment, just dissolve the copper sulphate in a tub and immerse the lower ends of the poles for a week. Remove and dry, immerse the ends in water containing 3% lime.
How to build a small enclosure, the procedure
- Plant the poles in the ground, to a depth of about one third of their length: one half should be placed inclined on one side and the other half inclined on the opposite side
- Plant a sturdy post every two to three meters to make the fence stronger
- Plant more horizontal poles on which to rest and fix the canes and poles planted in the ground
- Make the binding with wire.
How to build a fence, the stecconata
For a more resistant fence, we can make a fence: it is ideal for closing large animals within a plot of land. Here's how to proceed:
- Plant wooden poles with a diameter of about 10 cm and a height of 2 meters at a distance of 2-3 meters from each other
- Once this is done, nail 4 rows of poles with a diameter of about 5 cm between each other: the lower row must be about 40 cm from the ground while the upper one about 1.5 meters.
The stecconata can also be performed in three rows; instead of poles, beams and boards can be used, especially waste boards.
If, on the other hand, you want to raise chickens, we refer you to the article How to build a chicken coop