We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The artichoke is a vegetable with high beneficial properties; it has several important minerals for our well-being such as magnesium and potassium and has very few calories (22 per 100 grams). Among the most valuable artichokes we have the Sardinian spiny ones, with an elongated shape, but Roman artichokes with a rounded shape in the shape of a flower and without thorns are also very good. Artichokes lend themselves to many culinary preparations; it can be the ingredient for a first course, a second course, a side dish ... but it can also represent a single dish: this is the case of stuffed artichokes. In this regard we will show you how to do the stuffed artichokes following our recipe step by step.
At the time of purchase, make sure that the artichokes are beautiful fresh, with fleshy and turgid leaves preferably from organic farming to avoid any possible presence of chemicals.
Stuffed artichokes, ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 large organic artichokes
- 80 grams of thickly sliced cooked ham
- 50 grams of sausage
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 1 glass of dry white wine or brut sparkling wine
- 100 grams of mushrooms
- Half a white onion
- 100 grams of Parmesan cheese cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 20 grams of butter
Stuffed artichokes, the preparation
- Rinse the artichokes under running water then remove the leathery outer leaves and the stems and thorny tips
- Pour the artichokes into a steel pot and boil in boiling water for 10-15 minutes: steaming is also recommended
- After the time has elapsed, drain the artichokes and drain them well, placing them upside down for a few minutes
- Open them, remove the beard and the inner leaves to create a small hollow, and spread the outer leaves: the artichoke must become a sort of container.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a non-stick pan together with half the chopped onion with a drizzle of oil for about 20 minutes
- Chop the ham, the crumbled sausage, pour everything into the pan together with the mushrooms and add salt, then cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon
- Stuff the artichokes with the freshly prepared mixture and put a few cubes of cheese in the center
- To cook them, tie the edges with kitchen string to close the artichokes, then place them in a large pan with the oil, white wine and butter
- Cook over moderate heat by covering the pan until you realize, touching them with a fork, that the artichokes are beautiful tender
- Remove the string and serve the stuffed artichokes still hot.