We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The spelled, excellent substitute for rice, it is a cereal that lends itself to many recipes in the kitchen; it can be used to prepare soups, summer salads, pizza, bread… It is highly appreciated for its nutritional and beneficial properties; it contains a lot of fiber, vitamins, minerals and is low in fat!
In short, it satisfies and does not make you fat in fact it is one of the least caloric cereals: 100 grams of product have about 340 kcal. It also contains methionine, an amino acid that can help the liver metabolize fat. Lately, spelled is widely used in cooking, thanks to its high content of insoluble fibers that facilitate correct intestinal transit.
Variety of spelled
There are different varieties of spelled: there is whole spelled, broken spelled, pearl spelled. Whole and pearly ones are indicated in the preparation of risotto or soups. Broken spelled is used in the preparation of flans, meatloafs, puddings ... There is also spelled flour that is used to make pizzas and bread.
How to cook farro, the indications
The spelled it has the same way of preparing a risotto; just remember that it needs a few more minutes of cooking. Before cooking, the spelled should be washed and dried well, so as to eliminate any impurities. Once cleaned, it can be toasted in a pot and cooked with wine, water or vegetable broth.
To make a cold salad, you need to cook the spelled in plenty of salted water for 25-30 minutes, then season it to your liking. You can add the same ingredients you use for the rice salad.
Spelled recipes, spelled salad with porcini mushrooms
- 250 grams of pearl spelled
- 200 grams of porcini mushrooms
- A bunch of rocket
- A few slices of untreated lemon
- 200 grams of green beans
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper as needed.
- After washing and drying the spelled, cook it for 25 minutes in plenty of salted water then drain and let it cool.
- Cut the porcini mushrooms into thin slices then transfer them to a large bowl and add the rocket, green beans and lemon slices.
- Season to your liking with salt and pepper then mix with the spelled: if you prefer you can add a few drops of balsamic reduction.
Spelled recipes, with stracchino and radicchio
- 250 grams of pearl spelled
- Vegetable broth
- 1 white onion
- 1 glass of white wine
- 250 grams of stracchino
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash the spelled and dry it
- In a large non-stick pan, fry the chopped onion with butter
- After a few seconds, add the spelled and toast for about two minutes
- Add the white wine and once it has evaporated, continue to wet the spelled with hot broth for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, pour half of the contents into a bowl and season with the Parmesan and radicchio; pour the remaining spelled into another bowl and season with the stracchino.
- Put the spelled with the stracchino on a plate, creating a circular space inside which you will put the spelled with radicchio.